Complete site wide upgrade of intake system control panels and field cabling
Scope: Design, install and commission a complete turnkey solution including:
- Removal of existing field cabling
- Installation of new field cabling
- All necessary cabling containment (as shown above)
- Glanding and termination of all cables at both ends including all cable identifications
- Design, manufacture and installation of 2 off withdrawable MCCs including full software package to integrate with other site systems.
- Full pneumatic install.
The installation for this project, carried out over a 3 month period, was planned in advance of a one week shutdown to allow uninterrupted operation of the intake system and included the running and connection of cables to:
- 200 motors
- 260 instruments
- 210 valves
- 2 MCCs, and 16 pneumatic valve panels
Full design was carried out off site and thorough testing completed to ensure seamless integration of the new system during the shutdown.